Call for Presentations
Call for Presentations: COMMTREND 2019 conference
Theme: Trends & Technologies shaping the future of the communications industry
Dates: 22 – 23 October 2019
Venue: Gallagher Estate
In celebration of its 10th anniversary, SACIA is hosting a multi-stream conference, COMMTREND 2019 that will examine the trends and technologies shaping the future of the communications industry across Southern Africa.
The COMMTREND 2019 Conference Programme will include presentations, panel discussions, and practical workshops. Streams (break-away sessions) and sub-themes within the conference include:
- Technical Production & Live Events – sound, light, display, rigging
- Content Creation – film, video, multimedia and social media
- Event Safety – standards and practice; global trends and insights
- ProAV – digital signage, AV/IT integration, video conferencing, case studies & the user experience
- Broadcast – content creation, management & distribution, digital AV preservation
- Telecoms – integration between broadcast and AV/IT technologies; networked AV solutions
- Pro Audio – recording; post-production; live sound
- Education – exploring challenges faced by educators working across all inter-related fields above
- Leadership, Business & Governance
COMMTREND 2019 is now inviting submissions from organizations, companies or individuals who are interested in submitting a paper or presentation. COMMTREND 2019 encourages presenters to focus on future trends and technologies and while imaging a future also raise concerns such technologies may bring to the Communications Industry in Southern Africa. While manufacturers and vendors are welcome to submit presentations, the presentations should not be structured to sell or promote a particular brand or product.
Presentations should be no more than 20 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes allowed for Q&A. Preference will be given to case studies and research articles that are more practical (practice-based/practice-led).
The deadline for proposals is the last week of July 2019.
The programme committee will send authors feedback during the second week of August 2019 and indicate whether their proposals have been accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the programme committee at email@example.com
* Accommodation, travelling and subsistence costs are the responsibility of the presenters.
**Presenters grant SACIA the right to record and distribute their conference presentations unless specified in writing.